Easy Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars Recipe: These Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars Will Blow Your Mind by Kathy Widenhouse
These delicious chocolate chip peanut butter bars will blow your mind. Just four ingredients? In the oven in less than 10 minutes? Yes, it's true!
This simple dessert recipe for chocolate chip peanut butter squares is the ultimate easy cookie bar and a favorite from the iconic Pillsbury Bake-Off. Try them once and you'll be hooked. These cookies are so good!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 to 35 minutes
Total Time: 40 to 45 minutes
Servings: 8 to 10
- 1 roll (16 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Here's how to make them:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for a glass dish). Set out an 8- or 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, combine the powdered sugar, peanut butter, and vanilla until well blended.
- Cut cookie dough in half. Break up half the dough into small pieces and press the dough evenly onto the bottom of the ungreased baking pan.
- Spoon the peanut butter mixture into the pan. Use the back of the spoon to press it evenly across cookie base.
- Crumble the remaining half of the cookie dough into as many small pieces as possible. Sprinkle dough pieces over the peanut butter surface. Use your fingertips to gently work the dough, spreading it carefully and as evenly as possible to cover the peanut butter layer.
- Bake cookies for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch. Remove baking pan from the oven. Allow bars to cool in the pan on a cooling rack for at least 30 minutes. Refrigerate pan until bars are chilled, about 1 hour.
- Use a sharp knife to cut cookies into four rows by four rows (or any other size you wish.) Remove bars from the pan with a spatula. Store cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator.