3-Ingredient Lemon Cake Mix Cookies Recipe: When Life Doesn't Give You Lemons by Kathy Widenhouse
This easy lemon cake mix cookie recipe is so simple even kids can make it. Make a batch when life doesn't give you lemons!
You could substitute a white cake mix for the yellow. For added lemon flavor, throw in some fresh lemon zest.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 13 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Here's how to make it:
- Place the cake mix, egg and whipped topping in a bowl. Mix until dough is well blended and cake mix is absorbed.
- Place the powdered sugar in a shallow dish or on a plate.
- Form the dough into round 1-inch balls. Roll each ball in powdered sugar. Place cookies on ungreased baking sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for 9 to 12 minutes, one baking sheet at a time, until cookies are set. Cookie surfaces will appear crinkled. Do not over bake.
- Remove cookie sheets from the oven. Allow cookies to sit for 1 minute before using a spatula to transfer them to a wire rack. Cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.