St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock Cookies: Try This Kid-friendly Recipe! by Kathy Widenhouse
Make these simple Irish shamrock cookies with your kids using a sugar cookie mix or your favorite sugar cookie recipe – then just assemble!
- 1 package (18-20 ounces) sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, room temperature
- 1 egg
- green food coloring (optional)
- green colored sugar (for decorating)
Here's how you make them:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, combine cookie mix, butter and egg until blended. If you’re coloring the cookie dough to resemble clover leafs, add 3-5 drops of green food coloring and blend it into the cookie dough until the color is even.
- Use a measuring teaspoon to measure packed spoonfuls of cookie dough and turn them onto a cutting board. With a plastic knife, cut each spoonful into quarters. Arrange three of the wedges into a cloverleaf shape, with the points touching. Roll the fourth quarter between your fingers into a stem. Set its tip in touching the center of the shamrock, where the points meet. Sprinkle the shamrocks with green colored sugar or other cookie decorations.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until edges of cookies just begin to turn golden. Do not over bake! Allow cookies to sit on the baking sheet for 3-5 minutes until they are firm. Move cookies from baking sheet to a wire rack to cool. Let cookies cool completely.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.