How to Make Kid-friendly Valentine’s Day Cookies (No Baking & No Mess)! by Kathy Widenhouse
If you don’t want a mixing mess – but want your kids to be creative in the kitchen – let them make these Easy Valentine cookie wafers.
- 1 package (9 ounces) wafer cookies, any flavor (about 30)
- white melting chocolate or white candy melts
- red, pink and white cookie decorations, nonpareils, accents or colored sugar
Here's how to make them:
- Pour cookie decorations into shallow bowls.
- Set 4 to 8 ounces of melting chocolate in a microwave-safe medium bowl. Heat the chocolate in the microwave according to package directions. Stir melting chocolate at regular intervals until it is smooth.
- Gently grasp a wafer at one end. Dip about one-quarter to one-third of the wafer into the melted chocolate. Swirl the wafer so that its lower end is completely covered. Gently shake off the excess chocolate.
- Dip the chocolate-covered end of the wafer into the cookie decorations. Coat completely. Set decorated wafer onto the waxed paper-covered baking sheet. Repeat the process with each wafer until all are covered with chocolate and decorations.
- Set baking trays in refrigerator so chocolate can cool and set.
Store in an airtight container with waxed paper in between layers. Get more tips and variations here!