Easy Kid-friendly Valentine’s Day Cookies Recipe (No Baking & No Mess) by Kathy Widenhouse
If you don’t want a mixing mess – but want your kids to be creative in the kitchen – let them make these easy Valentine's Day cookie wafers. No baking required!
- 1 package (9 ounces) wafer cookies, any flavor (about 30)
- white melting chocolate or white candy melts
- Valentine's Day sprinkles, nonpareils sprinkles, chocolate sprinkles or other accents
Here's how to make them:
- Pour cookie decorations into shallow bowls.
- Set 4 to 8 ounces of melting chocolate in a microwave-safe medium bowl. Heat the chocolate in the microwave according to package directions. Stir melting chocolate at regular intervals until it is smooth.
- Gently grasp a wafer at one end. Dip about one-quarter to one-third of the wafer into the melted chocolate. Swirl the wafer so that its lower end is completely covered. Gently shake off the excess chocolate.
- Dip the chocolate-covered end of the wafer into the cookie decorations. Coat completely. Set decorated wafer onto the waxed paper-covered baking sheet. Repeat the process with each wafer until all are covered with chocolate and decorations.
- Set baking trays in refrigerator so chocolate can cool and set. Store in an airtight container with wax paper in between layers.
Get more tips and variations at The Cookie Elf.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Wafer Cookies $3 & Up
White Melting Chocolate $3 & Up
White Candy Melts $2 & Up
Valentine's Day Sprinkles $4 & Up
Chocolate Sprinkles $4 & Up
Nonpareils Sprinkles $3 & Up
Wax Paper $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.