Like Mac & Cheese? We Hear the Obama Girls Love This Recipe by Katie Lewis
Sneak in some veggies with Sasha and Malia Obama’s favorite mac and cheese! Here's the easy recipe:
- 1 pound penne
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pound shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
Here's how you make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the pasta until al dente. Steam the cauliflower. Transfer to a blender and puree.
- Combine pasta and cauliflower puree, add the milk, both cheeses and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix butter and breadcrumbs. Sprinkle on top.
- Bake 20 minutes in a preheated 350-degree F oven.
Read more about this recipe here!