Easy Cauliflower Mac & Cheese Recipe Features Cheddar & Parmesan for Extra Flavor by Katie Lewis
Macaroni and cheese is a beloved family recipe, but it's not always the healthiest side dish option. That's why this cauliflower mac and cheese recipe is a game-changer. You can sneak some healthy cauliflower into this pasta dinner without sacrificing flavor, thanks to the cheddar and Parmesan cheeses.
We hear a version of this recipe was a favorite of Sasha and Malia Obama, too. After trying this easy, delicious dinner recipe, we think you'll know why. So good!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pound shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
Here's how you make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions or until al dente. While pasta is cooking, steam the cauliflower until tender. Transfer to a blender and puree.
- Combine pasta and cauliflower puree, add the milk, both cheeses and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix butter and breadcrumbs. Sprinkle on top.
- Bake 20 minutes in a preheated 350-degree F oven.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Thanks for the tip. I modified a little by adding croutons instead of bread crumbs and let it soak the pasta juice before transferring to oven. It came out okay !!