Mom's Easy Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipe Makes Feel-Good Cookies In 20 Minutes by Kathy Widenhouse
If you have a hard time getting your family to eat oatmeal, try a simple alternative – oatmeal raisin cookies. Seriously! Take it from this mom. My simple recipe makes feel-good cookies, warm from the oven in about 20 minutes.
This oatmeal cookie recipe is so easy and delicious. You can add walnuts for extra nutrition and flavor. In no time at all, you'll be enjoying fresh-baked oatmeal raisin cookies for a wholesome snack or dessert!
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 8 to 12 minutes
Total Time: 16 to 20 minutes
Servings: Makes about 24 cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Here's how to make them:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in egg. Gradually stir in dry ingredients into creamed mixture until well blended.
- Mix in oats a little at a time until well incorporated into the dough.
- Add raisins and/or nuts (optional).
- Scoop cookie dough into walnut-sized balls. Place on baking sheets 2 inches apart. Use the heel of your hand to lightly flatten each cookie.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes until cookies are lightly brown on the edges. Remove cookie sheets from the oven.
- Allow cookies to sit for 5 minutes before using a spatula to transfer them to a wire rack. Cool completely.
Notes: Store cookies in an airtight container. This recipe makes 2 dozen cookies, depending on how big you make them.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Brown Sugar $3 & Up
Raisins $3 & Up
Oats $2 & Up
Cinnamon $2 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
Walnuts $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.