How Long Will Thanksgiving Leftovers Last? Drop the Sandwich & Read This From the National Turkey Federation by Donna John
Have lots of leftover Thanksgiving turkey and sides? Before you make that turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce and gravy sandwich (you know the one I'm talking about!), you need to read these five guidelines from the National Turkey Federation.
- Cooked, sliced turkey should be refrigerated within 2 hours.
- When reheating, be sure the turkey reaches a temperature of 165 degrees.
- Turkey pieces not covered in gravy/broth keep 1 to 2 days in fridge and in freezer for 1 month.
- Turkey pieces covered in gravy/broth keep 1 to 2 days in fridge and 6 months in freezer.
- Cooked dishes with turkey, gravy or broth keep 1 to 2 days in fridge and 2 to 3 months in freezer.
Enjoy that sandwich safely.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.