How Long Will Thanksgiving Leftovers Last? Drop the Sandwich & Read This! by Donna John
Have lots of leftover Thanksgiving turkey and sides? Before you make that turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce and gravy sandwich (you know the one I'm talking about!), you need to read these five guidelines from the National Turkey Federation!
- Cooked, sliced turkey should be refrigerated within 2 hours
- When reheating, be sure the turkey reaches a temperature of 165 degrees
- Turkey pieces not covered in gravy/broth keep 1 to 2 days in fridge and in freezer for 1 month
- Turkey pieces covered in gravy/broth keep 1 to 2 days in fridge and 6 months in freezer
- Cooked dishes with turkey, gravy or broth keep 1 to 2 days in fridge and 2 to 3 months in freezer
Enjoy that sandwich safely!