Ooey, Gooey Pecan Pie Bars Recipe Is Like Pecan Pie But Easier by Kathy Widenhouse
This cookie recipe is not only a winner when it comes to simplicity, but also in nationwide popularity. It won the Grand Prize in the iconic Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest. Want to make them even more decadent? Add in some chocolate chips!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 to 55 minutes
Total Time: 60 to 70 minutes
- 1 box (16 to 18 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- reserved 2/3 cup dry cake mix
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Here's how you make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13x9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Measure and reserve 2/3 cup of the dry cake mix to use for the filling.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on low speed, mix together the remaining dry cake mix, butter and egg until well blended. Press the base mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake the cookie base for 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl using an electric mixer on low speed, beat together the reserved 2/3 cup dry cake mix, brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, and 3 eggs until ingredients are combined and well moistened. Increase mixer speed to medium and beat the filling mixture for 1 minute.
- Pour the filling mixture over the warm cookie base. Sprinkle pecans evenly over the surface of the filling.
- Bake the bars for 30 to 35 minutes longer or until filling is set. Remove bars from the oven. Allow bars to cool completely on a wire rack, about 45 minutes, then cut into bars. Store bars in an airtight container, with waxed paper in between layers, in the refrigerator.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
13x9-inch Baking Pans $9 & Up
Yellow Cake Mixes $1 & Up
Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Corn Syrup $3 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
Pecans $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.