5-Ingredient Candy Bar Cookies Recipe: A Fun Way to Use Halloween Candy by Kathy Widenhouse
Use that leftover Halloween candy in this simple candy bar cookie recipe. It’s so easy! Just five ingredients, and like other cake mix cookies, it’s a time saver because it saves you steps.
You can use most any kind of candy or candy bars: Snickers, Almond Joy, Hershey bars, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Kit Kat, Butterfinger, Twix, 3 Musketeers, Milky Way. Choose your favorite or mix and match whatever candy is leftover. The cookies will be in the oven in less than 10 minutes.
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 22 to 28 minutes
Total Time: 30 to 36 minutes
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups (about 8 ounces) candy bars of any type, chopped and divided
Here’s how to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9-baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Spray or grease the foil. Set pan aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer on low speed, combine cake mix, melted butter, eggs and brown sugar. Blend for 1 to 2 minutes until dough is moistened and dry ingredients have been well absorbed.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons chopped candy bars. Add the remaining chopped candy into the cookie dough.
- Pour the cookie dough into the prepared pan and spread it evenly. Sprinkle reserved chopped candy evenly over cookie dough surface.
- Bake bars 22 to 28 minutes until set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store cookies in an airtight container using waxed paper or parchment paper to separate layers.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Yellow Cake Mixes $1 & Up
Brown Sugar $2 & Up
13x9-inch Baking Pans $9 & Up
Electric Mixers $12 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.