5-Ingredient Candy Bar Cookies Recipe: A Fun Way to Use Halloween Candy by Kathy Widenhouse
You can use most any kind of candy or candy bars: Snickers, Almond Joy, Hershey bars, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Kit Kat, Butterfinger, Twix, 3 Musketeers, Milky Way. Choose your favorite or mix and match whatever candy is leftover. The cookies will be in the oven in less than 10 minutes.
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 22 to 28 minutes
Total Time: 30 to 36 minutes
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups (about 8 ounces) candy bars of any type, chopped and divided
Here’s how to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9-baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Spray or grease the foil. Set pan aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer on low speed, combine cake mix, melted butter, eggs and brown sugar. Blend for 1 to 2 minutes until dough is moistened and dry ingredients have been well absorbed.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons chopped candy bars. Add the remaining chopped candy into the cookie dough.
- Pour the cookie dough into the prepared pan and spread it evenly. Sprinkle reserved chopped candy evenly over cookie dough surface.
- Bake bars 22 to 28 minutes until set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store cookies in an airtight container using waxed paper or parchment paper to separate layers.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.