Holiday 2020 Survival Guide: The 5 P's of Surviving the Christmas Season Fatherhood
Holidays can be stressful times. Expectations are high and resources – time, money, energy, community and family close by – are low. My wife and I are constantly juggling our resources, especially during the holidays, as we strive to bring valuable and enjoyable life experiences to our kids. Here are my five P's to help survive the holidays:
- Perspective. More Christmas lights on the house does not guarantee a happy household.
- Process. Life is a journey. During the holidays, don’t fret over where you didn’t go or what you didn’t see, but enjoy the moments that you have with those around you.
- Positivity. Successfully navigating the holiday pressures with those you love is a major accomplishment.
- Prioritize. Even if you had all the resources you desired, you would not (and could not) leverage each opportunity for your enjoyment, especially during the holidays.
- Purpose. For example, if my purpose is to raise my kids successfully, then perhaps the school Christmas pageant over the office party is a better choice.
Life is hard. Holidays are harder. Communication with your loved ones about your desired choices and available resources will help them, and you, enjoy the holidays.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:See more tips on 30Seconds.com – Inspire and be inspired!