The Non-Gestational Partner: 5 Ways Dad Can Make Life Better While Mom Grows Your Baby Dad Humor
First, let’s recognize the impressive act of creating a human being from scratch inside of oneself. Mind blowing. Let’s also recognize that we dads are lucky to not have to power through the parts of pregnancy that are hardly poetic (but very impressive). That luck affords us the privilege of putting our energy into ensuring our pregnant partner has everything she needs to easily embody the life-giving goddess she (and let’s be honest, we) knows she is. Here are five tips that have helped me:
- Smells. Combat the bad ones (at home and on the road), and find ways to generate more good ones. Essential oils, candles, cologne; not beer, definitely not Dumpsters.
- Pillows. Get more pillows, or one of those giant wraparound body pillows. ASAP.
- Snacks. (I mean, this is obvious.) Watch for patterns and stock accordingly ahead of time.
- Join them! Go with them to appointments, do the baby registry together, assist with the nest.
- Be understanding. REAL understanding. Be calm, be in the moment and try not to concern yourself with pride. I imagine there’s more than enough of that to go around when you’re a brand-new parent.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
See more tips on 30Seconds.com – Inspire and be inspired!