How to Make a DIY Ice Skating Rink: 5 Steps to Building a Backyard Ice Skating Rink on a Budget by Ashlee Benest
Here's how we built our DIY ice skating rink at home:
- Clear an area in your yard where you want the rink to go.
- Lay down tarps or drop cloths and cover them with snow.
- Get kids to help by playing on the area. The more they play, the flatter it gets.
- Clear away excess snow if you get any. Cold temps are a must, and rain can work to your advantage.
- Flood the rink every night and wait for it to freeze.
Done! Buy or borrow hockey sticks, hockey pucks and a couple of hockey nets. Also borrow or buy some ice skates. Now have fun, get fit – and don't fall! Mom and Dad, be sure to supervise kids at all times.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.