DIY Ice Skating Rink: 10 Steps to Building a Backyard Ice Skating Rink on a Budget! by Ashlee Benest
I had a blast building an ice skating rink, for very little money, with my boys over the holidays! Here's how I did it:
- Clear an area in your yard where you want the rink to go.
- Lay down tarps/drop-cloths and cover them with snow.
- Get kids to help by playing on the area. The more they play, the flatter it gets!
- Clear away excess snow if you get any.
- Cold temps are a must, and rain can work to your advantage!
- Flood the rink every night.
- Buy some cheap hockey sticks and pucks.
- Get a couple of hockey nets.
- Find some used skates.
- Have fun, get fit (and don't fall)!
Supervise kids at all times!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Ice Skates $20 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.