Election Distractions for Families: 7 Fun Games to Play With Kids While Waiting on the Results by Jocelyn Greene
Election Day is over! No doubt, we’re gonna need some distraction from our own screens and scrolling while waiting for the results. Over here, we’ll be doing games. These are seven fun ones that can be played in a grocery line or in your living room. Waiting “with baited breath” won't be helpful, so I also suggest some breathing games to stay centered and these fun games for distraction:
- What Do You Like More? Two choices, one question! It's fun to get into the voting spirit and get to know your kids.
- One Word Story: Tell a story, but one word at a time. Impulse control in action – and lots of silliness.
- What Are You Doing? Alternate with imaginative and physical activities.
- 20 Questions: Guessing games that hone executive function skills through play.
- When I Say: Kids love to do the opposite thing – so turn it into a game.
- I Spy ... Like an Animal: Mindfulness in action for little ones as you look at the world through an animal’s eye.
- Sound Story: Make up a story with characters and environments that make sound. Then strip away the words and just use the sounds.
This video is longer than 30 seconds, but we think it's worth it.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
I Spy Books $4 & Up
Travel Games $5 & Up
20 Questions Games for Kids $10 & Up
Handheld Electronic Games $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.