The Sunday Blues: 5 Things to Try This Sunday to Make Your Work Week More Productive by Jessica L. Williams
There is something called the "Sunday Scaries" or "Sunday Blues." This is because often on Sunday, we start thinking about the work week and everything on our to-do list, which can cause a lot of anxiety. Especially for us side hustlers because we have day job to-dos and business to-dos. But there is a way to turn the blues around and use your Sundays for good. And it may take about one to two hours of your time.
Here are five things you can do to get ready for your week and start things off on a productive foot:
- Take one hour and plan your week. This tip is from a good friend, Rayna, who knows that Mondays are crazy, and if you take some time on Sunday to look at your calendar, task list and plan your week, you can go into Monday ready to get stuff done.
- Plan your wardrobe. Take a look at the weather for the week and plan your outfits. Go ahead and iron them, too, if needed. This way you minimize some of the decision fatigue involved in figuring out what to wear each day.
- Batch schedule social media. Take 15 to 30 minutes and go through your favorite blogs and add social media posts for the next seven days in your Buffer queue.
- Prep your meals or go shopping. Sundays are a great opportunity to meal prep for the week. Or even shop for some snacks. I like to buy granola bars and nuts that I can take to work for healthy grab and go snacking.
- Do something fun. I actually think people who have more fun are more productive. And planning something on your Sunday night gives you something to look forward to other than dread and can make your weekend feel longer.
There, you have five ideas to help you supercharge your Sunday and get ready for the week. Even trying one of the things above can really change your productivity game.
What are some ways you prepare for the week ahead?
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire ... and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.