Tired of Failed Big Resolutions? Try These 5 Little Life Changes Instead! by Joyce Knestrick, CRNP, FAANP
New Year’s resolutions are great in theory, but usually aren’t very effective. By February, eight out of 10 people who embraced the idea of change just a few short weeks before abandon it all together. This year, try something new. Instead of making sweeping changes, focus on the little things that have a big impact. Here are five ideas I share with my patients:
- Eat an extra fruit/veggie a day. If you eat zero, start with one. If you eat one, add another, because every little bit counts.
- Give yourself a bedtime. Adults need sleep too, so set a bedtime and stick to it to be sure you get enough shut-eye.
- Move more. It’s hard to fit in exercise, but moving is easy, so take the stairs, walk around the block or do a few pushups for incremental health benefits.
- Practice moderation. Try passing on the second office donut or the third glass of wine. You can still enjoy the things you love without going overboard.
- Give thanks. Gratitude makes people more patient and improves self-control, so practice your daily dose.
You don’t need to make drastic changes to be healthier. Sometimes it’s the simplest tweaks that make the most difference!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.