Less Hectic Morning Routines for Parents: 11 Things to Do the Night Before by Shannon Benish
Have you ever had a hectic morning that just got away from you and you longed for a smoother start to the day? A little pre-planning the night before can get you on the right track!
- Lay out clothes for yourself and kids the night before. Have older children lay out their own clothes.
- Pack lunches the night before.
- Set coffee pot for automatic brew.
- Make sure backpacks (including homework, PE clothes, etc.) and briefcases are packed and by front door.
- Check work and school calendars for a refresher of tomorrow’s activities.
- Have a checklist for younger children so they can help get themselves ready in the morning.
- Have younger children keep shoes by the front door.
- Make sure car is filled with gas, this is especially important in the winter.
- Store car keys in same location every night or attach a key-finder product. Many a hectic morning is made even worse by misplaced car keys.
- Keep a pen and pad in your nightstand. If you do wake through the night do not stress about details of the next day. Write it down and let it go!
Getting your morning off to a good start can help set the tone for the rest of your day!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Key Finders $18 & Up
Lunch Boxes $6 & Up
Coffee Makers $30 & Up
Morning Checklists $15 & UP
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.