Summer Bliss to School Ready: 5 Ways to Ease Into the Back-to-School Transition by Joyce Knestrick, CRNP, FAANP
- Transition to an earlier bedtime. Work toward a sleep schedule that allows eight hours for teens and nine for elementary aged kids, and still gets them to school on time.
- Make a family calendar. Lay out sports practices, rehearsals, work schedules, vacations and other time commitments on a shared calendar to help your kids visualize the fall.
- Stock up. Take time to replenish the things that get used up, lost or broken once chaos sets in, like water bottles, socks and sunscreen.
- Catch up on appointments. Annual primary care from your nurse practitioner, dentist and/or eye appointments are easily forgotten during the school year, so knock them out while everyone is home.
- Wrap up loose ends. From summer reading to dancing barefoot in the rain, spend some time helping your kids accomplish their summer goals before they head back to the grind.
School can sneak up on even the most organized families, but you still have time to prepare. Enlist your bored kids to help ease the transition and start the school year off right!
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.