Animation Careers: 4 Ways Parents Can Encourage a Career in Animation by Alex Bryant
Is your child interested in animation? Animator Marisa Tontaveetong shares four tips to get started:
- Find them foundation drawing courses and workshops and get them access to classic go-to resources for animators such as the "Animator's Survival Kit" or similar basic animation principle tutorials on Youtube. Workshops are also a great way to help them make friends and learn about working as a team.
- Seek out free or low-cost professional software such as Blender for 3D, Krita or Pencil2D, GameMaker for games. Animation apps, such as Stop Motion Maker on your mobile phone, are usually limited but only cost a few dollars.
- Check companies such as Adobe, Toonboom, GameMaker or Autodesk that make animation that offer free or academic discounts.
- Technology changes very fast and software upgrades in a flash. Encourage your kid to explore new technology and techniques in and out of their field. Explore and look for tutorials and activities to build skill sets in addition to animation, such as game builder or the idea of how AR/VR or motion capture works.
- Find an animation organization such as ASIFA-SOUTH or join a Clubhouse Network in your area. Bring your kid to network at local mixers. Can't find an animation festival? Often, film festivals will have an animation-related panel or screening.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.