Picture Perfect Photography: 10 Photo-Taking Tips From Award-Winning Photographer Rich Cruse by Alex Bryant
In this day and age where most everyone has a camera in their phone, chances are, you have you been asked to take a photo for someone, or you are taking tons of photos for yourself. How to get that picture-perfect shot every time? Award-winning photographer Rich Cruse shares 10 ways to capture the perfect moment for you and your family:
- Make sure the lens is clean!
- Make an effort to put the light source (sun or whatever) behind you, the photographer, so the light shines on your subject instead.
- Use a flash in bright sun or low light to balance the overall lighting.
- Get close to your subject!
- When shooting portraits, try to keep the camera at the eye level of your subject or slightly above. You don’t want to shoot up their nose or have them look down on you.
- Look for even lighting. You don’t want half the group in the sun and the other in shade. One or the other when possible.
- Take multiple shots so you have several chances at getting the perfect one.
- Try not to stop and look at each photo – stay in the moment.
- Get creative when trying to get people to smile. Instead of “say cheese” try “say bananas.”
- Never post unflattering photos of friends online!
Take a look at Rich Cruse's photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.