Compassionate Kids: 7 Ways Parents Can Help Teach Self-Worth & Compassion by Gloria Lintermans
If there’s ever a time we need to teach compassion to our kids, it’s now. The following actions can support the development of self-worth and compassion for children:
- Help children to be independent and provide opportunities for them to control their own actions.
- Find ways for children to experience success so they have more opportunities for achieving competence and feeling good about themselves.
- Avoid reinforcing stereotypical ideas of what is appropriate play and instead encourage a diverse range of actives and skills for both boys and girls.
- Offer opportunities for children to express their ideas and feelings.
- Create ways for children to interact and play with other children and help them figure out strategies for getting along together.
- Remember to express appreciation for special qualities and traits that children possess.
- Help them develop new skills! Children need lots of opportunities to practice and try things out over and over.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.