Public Speaking Tips From Cara Mund: Miss America Shares 5 Secrets to Help You Talk in Front of Crowds! by 30Seconds Mom
As the face of The Miss America Organization and a graduate of Brown University, Cara Mund is no stranger to public speaking. Given her role as Miss America, Cara regularly gives speeches in front of large crowds, on topics ranging from scholarship to female empowerment and even current social issues. Here are five tips to help with your public speaking from Cara:
- If you can, choose a topic that you are passionate about. It is easier to speak on something you are passionate about and listeners will be more engaged if you are engaged in the topic. This also gives the audience a chance to see your personal connection to the topic.
- Rehearse, rehearse, rehearse. Reading your speech out loud, beforehand, will not only help eliminate first time jitters but also help you see what needs improvement.
- Choose a few people in the audience to make eye contact with during the speech to create a deeper connection with the entire audience instead of simply scanning the back of the room.
- Smile, and begin the speech with a well-prepared hook. A relevant personal story is a great start. This establishes your credibility and engages your audience from the very beginning.
- Always thank the audience for their time when you are finished.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Books About Public Speaking $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.