Embrace Your Inner Thin Mint While Being a Dad in the Girl Scout Cookie Mix by Michael Kennedy
Being a dad of a Girl Scout has been a fun and rewarding experience from so many angles. Currently, however, cookie season is going down! Sure, the little ladies are learning the essentials marketing, promotion, money management, decision making, ethics and people skills, but selling is also a blast! Here are a few things that we do to keep things light and fun and up and down:
- Coffee Down: A good cup of coffee is always highly recommended.
- Engage Up: Whether it’s a sale or not, compliment people that walk buy. Challenge the girls and yourselves to make people smile regardless of the sale.
- Costume Down: Wear the cookie costume if your troop has one. There’s no shame in my game, I was a college mascot.
- Goal Up: Set manageable goals for the time that you are selling and make games out of them.
- Music Up: Bring a tiny Bluetooth speaker and throw on some Kidz Bop. Dancing and singing your way through selling is fun!
- Bonding Down: There is unique bond that takes place when you are with your Girl Scout out in the field. Whether you are standing in front of a store, going door to door or convincing Uncle Lou to buy a few boxes, being a "Tagalong" is quite a treat!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.