Play Lifestyles: Why You Should Play Your Way Through Life by Teacher Karen
When people want to change, they sometimes start with resolutions. The top five resolutions usually involve the following:
- staying fit and healthy
- losing weight
- saving money
- spending more time with family and friends
- enjoying life
With less than 10 percent of resolutions succeeding, let me suggest a resolution that'll make you healthier, smarter and happier! Are you curious? The answer is a play philosophy of living! By adopting a play lifestyle, you'll see positive changes because play impacts all aspects of a person's life – physical, social, emotional and cognitive.
- Physical: A key characteristic of play is it's done for pure enjoyment. Find some way you like to move your body – have fun and you'll keep doing it!
- Social: Parenting can seem isolating. If you don't belong to a mom's or dad's group, start one! Join local meet-ups or community activities to make new friends; create a book club or bridge group.
- Emotional: Play offers a natural way to lower stress to relax and manage strong feelings.
- Cognitive: Play stimulates the mind and boosts creativity. It also sparks the imagination, which aids problem-solving skills.
Add play to your New Year resolutions – it'll be one you keep!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire ... and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.