Minecraft: 5 Tips for Parents Considering Buying Minecraft for Their Kids by Jeff Jackson
Do your kids want Minecraft video games? Great! Here are some things you need to know as parents if you're considering making the purchase for the kiddies.
- Learn the game. OK, this is a big one because it's a very complex game with a lot of modes and parameters and techniques and on and on. Books have been written about the subject, so I recommend getting some books. Hint: Library books are free.
- Set time limits. Because of its complexity, kids can become immersed (or obsessed) in the game and lose all track of time. Setting time limits for the kids will minimize the obsessive effects of the game.
- Beware of YouTube videos. There is some very colorful language, which I'm sure you don't want to hear and, especially, don't want your kids to hear on some of the videos. Be prepared or watch them first.
- Playing with other people across or on the Internet can be dangerous. Need I say more.
- Playing can be intense for younger kids. This can be minimized by the parent being with the children while they're playing.
Minecraft is an incredible game and I heartily recommend it for everyone. Parents, be prepared, it's not like other games.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.