Jy Wright: 5 Tips From the Millennial Entertainer on Juggling Fatherhood & Career by Alex Bryant
Juggling fatherhood and a career? So is millennial entertainer Jy Wright. Here are five tips from Wright for working dads (and moms, too!):
- Remind your child children why you’re working so hard. I always remind my son that you have to work hard for your dreams and can’t let anyone stop you from doing so.
- Understand that you won’t be able to make every single event in your child’s life. There are times where my schedule won’t allow me to make every school event or after-school activity, but you have to learn to not feel guilty for not being able to be there. Know that you’re doing something and working hard to make a living for yourself and child.
- When you can, include your child in the work you do so they feel a part of it. Whenever I get a chance to take my son on set with me for a work day, I always try to bring him with me so he can see what I do for a living.
- Do not sugar coat things with your child. I let my son know about real issues in our world and also about things with me. If I can't afford certain items, I will let him know and not try to pretend that I have money to purchase.
- Continue to remind your child you and the mother are still friends and that you guys love your child. Although things aren’t perfect between my son and his mother and me, I make sure he knows that we will always be a family.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Books About Fatherhood $6 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.