DIY Father's Day Gift Bags: Dress Dad's Gift Up With an Easy Tie Gift Bag by Donna John
So the kids got (or made!) Dad the perfect Father’s Day gift. Why stop there? Make the presentation part of his fun by making this adorable DIY tie Father's Day gift bag. And you don’t even need to know how to tie a Windsor knot.
All you need to make this homemade gift bag for dad is a brown gift bag, brown paper, cardstock or scrapbooking paper, glue, brown gift labels with twine, a marker and scissors. Depending on how old your kids are, you may need to help them or cut out the pieces for them. Let them pick the style of cardstock to make the tie that fits Dad's personality!
- brown gift bag (with or without handles)
- brown paper or an extra brown gift bag
- cardstock or scrapbooking paper
- glue stick
- brown gift labels with twine
Here's how to make it:
- Select a brown bag that will fit your amazing gift. (Plain brown gift bags are available at craft stores and sometimes your grocery store will have them without writing.)
- Cut a tie shape out of the cardstock or scrapbooking paper so it hangs to about 2 inches from the bottom of the brown bag.
- Using the glue stick, attach the tie to the top of the bag. Allow it to dry while you move to the next step.
- Cut a strip of brown paper (or use the top of another brown bag) about 3 inches wide by 6 inches long. The length will depend on the size of bag you’re using. Fold the last fourth of each end down (as shown in picture) and glue the unfolded part to the top of the tie to form a “collar.”
- Write your message on one of the gift labels and thread the jute through the hole. Glue the jute underneath the collar.
Done! Scrapbooking paper and cardstock come in all sorts of patterns. Pick one that fits Dad’s unique personality. Palm trees? Stripes? Polka dots? Whatever you decide, Dad is sure to feel special on his special day!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.