The Do's & Don'ts of Tattoo Aftercare: A Tattoo Artist Explains How to Take Care of Your New Tattoo by Monikka Velet, Tattoo Artist
If you just got a tattoo or are thinking about getting one, you will need to take care of it. Here are some do's and don'ts for tattoo aftercare:
- Always wash your hands before touching your tattoo.
- Clean your tattoo twice a day with antibacterial liquid soap.
- Apply a thin layer of Mad Rabbit Tattoo soothing gel twice a day after cleaning.
- Don’t pick at your tattoo.
- Don’t scratch your fresh tattoo while healing.
- Don’t submerge your tattoo in water.
- Don’t expose your tattoo to direct sunlight while healing.
- Don’t over apply aftercare on a healing tattoo. This can clog your pores and slow down the healing process. Will also lead to scabbing.
- Don’t wear tight clothing.
- Don’t go to the gym.
- Do not use bar soap when cleaning. Bacteria still stays on bar soap. Always use liquid soap.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Tattoo Books $5 & Up
Liquid Antibacterial Soap $1 & Up
Mad Rabbit Tattoo Soothing Gel $18 & Up
Temporary Tattoos $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.