DIY Fairy Makeup: How to Make a Magical Pixie Makeup Look for Halloween by Cassie All
Halloween looks don't have to always be scary. Using the magic of makeup, you can create any look you want. Of course, I have clients who want to be vampires, witches or skeletons. Then I have the clients who want to be friendlier fantasy creatures, such as fairies or pixies. Making a magical fairy look is actually pretty simple. Read on to learn how I made this look in about 30 minutes!
What you'll need:
- Your regular moisturizer, concealer, foundation (I used BareMinerals concealer)
- Micellar water to clean any areas on face if you make a mistake (I used La Roche-Posay Micellar Water)
- Cream makeup in purple, blue and pink (I used Ben Nye Cream Makeup)
- Eyebrow pencil in your favorite color
- Eyeliner in your favorite color
- Mascara in your favorite color, or false eyelashes for a more dramatic look (I used Tarte Gifted mascara)
- Lipstick (I used Smashbox Liquid Lipstick in Plum)
- Shimmery eye shadow
- Cosmetic glitter gel and face glue (I used Uniglitter)
- Setting powder (I used one from Spirit Halloween)
- Assorted makeup brushes and brush cleaner (I used Ulta brand)
- Makeup sponges
Here's how to do it:
- Start with a clean and moisturized face. Put on your concealer and foundation as usual.
- Using a makeup sponge, apply purple cream makeup around the edges of face, along jawline, cheekbones and chin. Blend into skin with sponge so it appears to fade, not stripe.
- Add a bit of blue to the edge of the purple, then blend together.
- Add pink as a last layer, blending into the blue and extending further into the face in the forehead, cheekbones and chin areas. The cheekbones should appear to be contoured.
- Add purple cream makeup as base below eyebrows.
- Add white creme makeup to center of chin and blend in so it appears as a glow from within.
- Apply shimmery eye shadow to eyelids and blend into purple creme base, so it appears to be a glow from within.
- Apply shimmery eye shadow to the tip of nose so it glows like a pixie light.
- Apply a small dab of face glue to the areas where you want glitter to appear. I applied it to the sides of the eyes, ensuring no glue got too close to the eyes themselves.
- Using a small brush or fingertip, apply cosmetic glitter gel on top of the glue. Allow to dry.
- Fill in eyebrows with preferred color. I used brown, but you could use purple or black, whatever you prefer to make the brows pop.
- Apply eyeliner and mascara, or apply false eyelashes for a more dramatic look.
- Apply lipstick.
- When you're ready, apply setting powder to ensure that your makeup doesn't smear.
Enjoy your fairy face and get ready for a magical night!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
BareMinerals Concealer $18 & Up
Ben Nye Cream Makeup $25 & Up
Smashbox Liquid Lipstick $18 & Up
Cosmetic Glitter Gel $6 & Up
Makeup Setting Powder $4 & Up
Makeup Brushes $5 & Up
Makeup Sponges $3 & Up
Eyebrow Pencils $4 & Up
Eyeliners $4 & Up
Shimmer Eye Shadow $5 & Up
False Eyelashes $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.