Makeup Subscription Boxes: Is ipsy Worth the Money? Here's What I Think... by Lisa Mariscal

Makeup
7 months ago
Makeup Subscription Boxes: Is ipsy Worth the Money? Here's What I Think...

Makeup!!! Who doesn't love makeup?! Makeup is a great tool to help us enhance our natural beauty. But, with that said, no one wants to waste money buying products they may not like. Why not try before you buy? 

There are so many different monthly subscription boxes out there and I have tried a few, but one of the only subscriptions I have stayed with is ipsy. Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription box that runs $10 a month. Every month you receive in the mail a bag of full size and sample-size goodies (five in total). I have used 75 percent of what I have received and shared the other 25 percent with my daughter.

I have fallen in love with products and bought them as a result, and learned that some are horrible (IMO). Ipsy does a pretty good job of having you rate/review products on a star scale along with additional comments. This allows ipsy to determine what they should continue to carry and makes it possible for them to tailor your bag to your likes and dislikes. 

I receive a lot of makeup brushes and no masks, and I receive eye shadows in the colors I tagged as liking and rarely receive a bright lipstick. It is a fun monthly treat, a beautiful way to pamper yourself and a great way to try before you buy.

Learn more at ipsy.com.

Create an Emergency Makeup Kit: 6 Glam Essentials Every Mom Needs in Her Purse!

Makeup Refresh: How to Boost Your Complexion With Spray Toner!

Lacking Sleep, Mom? Here Are 7 Makeup Must-haves!

Run Out of Eye Makeup Remover? This Beauty Hack Will Save the Day!

Donna John
Will have to try it! Thanks for the tip!
Elisa All Schmitz 30Seconds
Very cool! I have always wanted to try these types of boxes but haven't yet. Thanks for the reminder, Lisa Mariscal !

join discussion

Please login to comment.

recommended tips

Summer Color Makeup Tips: Fake It, Don’t Bake It, Mama!

Natural Beauty Looks: Spring Forward With a Fresh Face By Creating This Easy Natural Beauty Look

Create an Emergency Makeup Kit: 6 Glam Essentials Every Mom Needs in Her Purse!

Makeup Refresh: How to Boost Your Complexion With Spray Toner!

Got 30 seconds? Sign up for 30Seconds.com and get the best of our tips each week!