10 Creative Ways to Use Baking Soda & Save Money (It's Only $1 a Box!) by Keith Sereduck
I heard a lot of tall tales growing up; we all do. My mother always told us that her mother never used toothpaste. Nope. Just baking soda and never had a cavity. In the days before Arm and Hammer toothpaste, I created my own concoction to either prove the legend true or rack up some major dental bills. I would sprinkle baking soda on my toothpaste. You know what? Not only did it work, but it whitened them as well, which is a good place to start off this list of things to do with baking soda:
- Toothpaste: Just sprinkle on and brush away!
- Breath freshener: Another benefit either from brushing or mixing a teaspoon full with water and swishing!
- Canker sore remedy: Sure, you can buy Orajel or another product that will numb your sore, but baking soda removes the acid from it and dries it out faster. Yes, it will hurt for a minute, but as a lifetime sufferer, it really works and all it takes is a fingertip worth!
- Antacid: Same mixture as the mouthwash but mix and drink. You'll feel instant relief!
- Remove acid from sauce: Why wait to get indigestion? If you're cooking sauce, just sprinkle some in. The acid will bubble to the top and you simply scoop it off.
- Garbage can and litter box deodorizer: For either use, just sprinkle in the bottom of the bag. The baking soda removes the odor!
- Air and refrigerator deodorizer: Place on open container in a room or your fridge and it will remove any odor.
- Bee stings and bug bites: Mix water and baking soda together to create a paste. Apply paste to sting or bite. As it dries it will bring the venom to the surface and stop the itching. When dry, it will crumble or dust right off.
- Toilet cleaner: Put a cup into a dirty or smelly bowl and leave for a couple hours. It will make it easier to clean and remove any odors.
- Hair product remover: Ever have too much hair spray or gel in your hair? Pour your usual amount of shampoo into your hand and add a pinch of baking soda. It will take any product out without damaging your hair.
There are many more uses, as well. And all of them will only cost you a buck!
The information on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information provided through this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Soda $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.