The Healthy Benefits of Coconut Oil: 5 Reasons This Natural Oil Should Be in Your Pantry by Alice V
There are many benefits and tons of reasons to use unprocessed virgin coconut oil. It's a practical, all-natural product that is versatile. But why should you be using it? Here are my five reasons why I swear by coconut oil:
- Coconut oil is a natural body lotion. I apply it to my skin and hair. It creates shine, keeps frizzy hair at bay and reduces tangles.
- If you spend time in the sun, coconut oil may fight back against sunburn better than aloe vera. I used it on my family every day on our Cancun vacation.
- Coconut oil is a key ingredient for the rash cream I've made for the past four years for my girls. I've used it to heal diaper rash when they were babies and cuts and scrapes now that they're older.
- Coconut oil is soothing, reduces inflammation and irritation, and helps heal wounds while fighting back bacterial infections.
- I ingest 1 tablespoon every day as part of my Ketogenic diet. It gives me a little extra dose of healthy fat each day and has been known to help reduce abdominal fat in women.
While my list is small, the impact coconut oil has had on my family is big. It's been the one "all-natural" product I buy in bulk and use every day for its many benefits.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Coconut Oil $6 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.