Back-to-School Lice Prevention: How to Make Head Lice Prevention Shampoo & Spray by Heather Holter
Why wait until you need to deal with hard-to-get-rid-of parasites, like lice, living on your child's head and all the cleaning that is involved? I suggest preventing lice altogether! The first step is to teach your children the rules:
- No head-to-head contact with other children, sharing combs, brushes, coats, hats and sweatshirts or lying on carpet in classrooms.
- At sleepovers, bring your own bedding and leave a fair amount of space between yourself and friend's bedding.
- No sleeping together on the same bed or pillow.
And there are things you can do to help prevent your child from getting lice:
- Before school, spray children's hair with lice prevention spray (recipe below).
- Put girls' hair in a tight ponytail and spray with a lot of hairspray.
Whenever your child bathes, wash your child's hair with lice prevention shampoo (recipe below). When making the following recipes, be sure to use 100-percent pure essential oils that are steam distilled or cold pressed for the extraction process. Also, make sure they come from a botanical plant source and don't contain synthetics or impurities. I get mine from Melaleuca. Other companies that provide good quality essential oils are Young Living and DoTerra.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Lavender Essential Oil $5 & Up
Peppermint Essential Oil $4 & Up
Coconut Oil $6 & Up
Shampoo $4 & Up
Hair Detangling Spray $3 & Up
Melaleuca Essential Oil $7 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.