Celebrities Over 45 Who Look Great: A Plastic Surgeon Weighs In on Their Instagram Photos! by 30Seconds Beauty
There are celebrities who seem to get better with age and maintain their looks while others seem to be at war with aging. Dr. Kirk Brandow, founder and director of the Brandow Clinic for Cosmetic Surgery in Philadelphia, shared his list of the top five celebrities who look great over age 45 and explains why. The best part, these images are from the Instagram accounts of these gorgeous ladies so the photos are current and in many cases, unretouched.
- Salma Hayek, age 50. Latin women with olive complexions age very well and Salma certainly fits into this category. She was gorgeous at 30 and she’s stunning still. “She looks incredible. She doesn’t appear to have had anything done. Amazing!” says Dr. Brandow. “For women looking to achieve this look there are simple things such as Botox to the forehead to prevent eyes from falling and to keep eyebrows in their natural position,” he adds. “You want to maintain your natural features and knowing the right moisturizer, makeup, plus sticking to a healthy diet, helps to maintain a youthful glow from the inside out. To achieve a look like Salma’s, most women would have to go the route of a mini face lift in their 40s which offers a more natural look for six to 10 years without the distortion of excessive fillers.”
- Kris Jenner, age 61. While the Power “Momager” admits to having cosmetic procedures, she’s transformed herself into an elegant, age-appropriate grandmother. Kris is on record saying she’s had a facelift, uses fillers, yet her look is sophisticated and not at all scary. “She looks great at 61. Her skin is radiant, her face has expression, there’s great symmetry and her features are soft. She is an excellent example of someone who has embraced surgery to improve her eyelids with blephorplasty, her face with a facelift, and fillers in a very conservative fashion to get a nice, natural, ageless look,” explains Dr. Brandow.
- Cindy Crawford, age 51. Cindy Crawford’s look is iconic. She knows this and makes sure she keeps things as authentic as possible. “With Cindy, it’s all about those classic eyebrows and lips. Both have been beautifully maintained. Her eyebrows aren’t freakishly high. They look the same as they did in the 90s. Her lips aren’t any different either. A lot of women over inject their lips distorting their shape and lose their uniqueness. The idea is to preserve, not change,” suggests Dr. Brandow. “Again, women often go too far with fillers leading to a puffy look when they can achieve a more natural look with a mini facelift which lessens the need for the fillers making the mini facelift a more cost-effective option over time.”
- Jennifer Lopez, age 47. Jennifer Lopez is another Latina who looks at father time and gives him a wink. Her body is amazing and you can tell she has a healthy lifestyle. “I have patients in their 30s saying they hope they look like J-Lo when they reach their late 40s which is why they are getting procedures now. Jennifer Lopez is truly the hardest working woman in show biz who looks like she sleeps full eight hours every night a very important part of the anti-aging regimen,” Dr. Brandow advises. "It is possible that she does minimal things such as Botox or fillers, but in a very conservative way.”
- Jennifer Aniston, age 48. When you see re-runs of the hit 90s TV show Friend’s, you can easily compare a 26-year-old Aniston in her role as Rachel Greene, to how she looks two decades later. You immediately can see how Jennifer has aged with grace. “She is another laid-back celebrity who ages with elegance. Her body is toned and strong and her face looks fresh and natural. As women age they lose volume in their lips. So, it is important to keep lip injections subtle and factor the overall shape of the mouth,” advises Dr. Brandow.
Photo: Cindy Crawford with daughter, Kaia Jordan Gerber