How to Hydrate Your Skin: 6 Unexpected Infused Water Ideas for Gorgeous Skin by Dr. Christopher Calapai
While most dermatologists and doctors preach the benefits of drinking more water, water can get boring. Here are six fresh infused water recipes that’ll pack a punch of flavor and add health and beauty benefits to your H2O! Just chop up the ingredients and let them sit overnight in your water pitcher.
- Mango Ginger: Mangoes contain so many vitamins that help boost your immune system. It has antioxidants that maintain youthful glowing skin and aid in the production of blood cells. Ginger is also helpful in fighting infection, has been linked to lower cholesterol levels, may reduce muscle aches and helps digestion.
- Grapefruit Rosemary: Rosemary was found to be the main ingredient eaten by residents of an Italian village with one of the highest populations of people who live past 100! Rosemary improves circulation and sends more blood to the brain which is linked to greater concentration and potentially reduces risk of Alzheimer’s. Grapefruit is a natural fat burner, boosts metabolism and cleanses your liver.
- Melon Mix: Cut up watermelon, honeydew and cantaloupe and throw into your water overnight. Melons are immensely hydrating, meaning more hydration per cup of water," says Dr. Kally Papantoniou, a board-certified dermatologist. "They are also chock-full of antioxidants that keep skin clear plus they contain vitamins that promote collagen production which helps skin cell turnover."
- Citrus Mint: Pick your favorite citrus fruits and add some crushed mint. Adding mint to your water is not only extra refreshing but also improves digestive health and can speed up your metabolism. "Mint actually contains salicylic acid, a potent acne fighter," adds Dr. Papantoniou. "It’s also well known for its anti-inflammatory properties which work to calm irritation both on your skin or internally."
- Cucumber Lavender: "The reason so many spas use cucumber based treatments is because it contains many skin-friendly minerals like magnesium, potassium and silicon," says Dr. Papantoniou. Cucumbers are powerful detoxifiers, flushing out any waste in your system. Adding crushed lavender to the mix not only adds a beautiful aroma but can also help digestion as lavender contains polyphenols that reduce bad bacteria in your gut, making your system run smoother.
- Pineapple Coconut Water: Get your favorite coconut water and refrigerate overnight with chunks of pineapple. Although this is not pure H2O, coconut water contains electrolytes that plain water does not, which rehydrate you in record time. "Pineapple is yet another fruit that aids in collagen production," says Dr. Papantoniou "This is not just great for beautiful skin, collagen also has a major role in bone health and tissue repair."
Clearly there are benefits to keeping hydrated. Water does not have to be boring, it can be delicious. Drink up!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Reusable Water Bottles $6 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.